Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Rather sluggish at the moment

9 REPLIES 9
Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

The speed drop over the past couple of days was enough to make me feel it was time to run a speed test and line check again. 

20200817_234437.jpg

Consistent 9.5Mbps at the start of the month. 8.5 is enough of a drop to make me start checking again, though after that there was a slight improvement. Not yet in the danger zone,  but....

20200817_235438.jpg

Is this weather related,  and, if so, is there anything to be done about it?

Still using the Huawei router. I have the Sagemcom already here. Is now a good time to try it?

Haven't done the switch off current router for 30 minutes routine yet.

Waiting to see what you think might be going on.

Thanks.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Gliwmaeden2,

I'm sorry to hear this. Is it ok if I run a line test first before you connect the alternative router?

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

Yes please,  @OCE_Michelle.

Speeds are creeping up closer to 9Mbps, but not yet making it back to the stability of July, which was a dependable 9.5.

OCE_Michelle

Hi Gliwmaeden2,

Thanks for confirming. I've run the test now which is detecting a possible issue towards the property. Would you like to try the new router and we can re-run the line test again?

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

Thanks. I'll try to set it up during the day. 

OCE_Michelle

Hi Gliwmaeden2,

Great thanks 🙂

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

Sagemcom now installed and the Ookla results (last 2 readings) show that I have clawed back 1Mbps compared with the recent fall off, @OCE_Michelle.

20200820_121741.jpg

OCE_Michelle

Hi Gliwmaeden2,

Thanks for the update 🙂 Would it be possible to monitor the speeds over the next few days and let us know if they remain consistent with this router connected?

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

Will do. I will be on holiday for a bit soon and will leave the router switched off then. Will re-escalate this once I have had a few days to check it after it is back on again. 

Thanks! 😊

OCE_Michelle