Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TALKTALK WEBPAGE

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 11

more problems since the new webpage and I am really fed up, everytime I open the page my emails come up and then the page freezes at the bottom a yellow message comes up saying talktalk is not resoding , I refresh and the emails come up again and then the page freezes and so it goes on but I need proper access now!!!!!!

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi chater

Have you had a look at this help page?

What to do if you can't load websites

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 11

no problems with other web pages only TalkTalk, page says …...talktalk unresponsive,  please recover webpage which I do over and over again.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi chater,

I can see that Gondola has been helping you with this, how are you getting on?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi chater 

The TalkTalk webpages / webmail pages aren't fundamentally different from any other internet site.

At this point, having tried different internet browsers, I'd try a different device so long as it's fully up to date with currently supported software.

In terms of troubleshooting the order of checking is:

• Additional software disabled (ad-blockers off, security software off, background sync off etc)
  • Browser to default settings (safe mode or add-ons disabled or extensions off)
  • Different browsers (in case of compatibility error)
  • Different device (in case of malware or unknown compatibility)

Would you take a screenshot of the fault condition so we can see exactly what you're seeing. Image edit to remove any personally identifiable information and upload here using the photos icon above this reply area.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 11
Have tried 2 other browsers, have gone in to security and ticked what was advised , it still freezes and says recover Web page, this only happens with talktalk page
0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

...and you've switched off your security software temporarily?

and it's exactly the same if you temporarily use a different browser like Firefox?

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 11

have done as you advised but still doing it, I open the page it freezes, I refresh it does it again and on and on, help please, was ok last week

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi chater 

I'm running Windows 10 and have used Google Chrome without any issues.

Some security software can hold up the use of a browser so it might be useful to know what security software you're using. For example, Windows Defender, Kaspersky or Norton or SuperSafe Boost?

Troubleshoot with Chrome Extensions turned off.

• Start the Chrome browser
  • Put chrome://extensions/ into the Address bar
  • Switch off the extensions using the blue toggle switch to change the toggle to grey

Let me know what happens.

0 Likes

chater
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 11

still doing it, did not have this problem before, I am windows 10 and use google , this has not changed, all these problems started with the new talktalk, and also my speed is only 6!!

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @chater 

Remind us please of the Operating system and Browser you're using.  For example, Windows 10 and Edge browser.

You've tried an alternative browser?  I find troubleshooting is best when you test with a browser without any add-ons or extensions. For example, Firefox restarted with Add-ons disabled or Chrome with Extensions switched off.

0 Likes