Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable Faster Fibre Broadband Performance.... Recurring issue from 24/3/21

Taff Strat
Team Player
Message 7 of 7
Following my recent Faster Fibre broadband issues (engineer resolved 24/3/21), I regret to confirm that the issue has returned over the last couple of days! After my last post on here, a BT engineer visited my property and confirmed that everything was fine internally and that the fault was found and repaired within the local BT cabinet and, once addressed, we enjoyed the best speeds ever!... however, the same fault has recurred over the last few days, causing intermittent dropouts, slower speed (currently 51.7Mbps & 17.9Mbps) and some telephone signal issues. The TalkTalk Service Centre/Service Status page also indicates an issue with the local network which will be investigated.

Having completely wasted well over two hours on Live Chat with two Call Centre agents on a Saturday afternoon, total frustration caused me to end the chat. Despite explaining the history, facts and requesting an engineer visit/recall, unfortunately the agents were unable to stray from the checklist/script in front of them. I'm more than happy to accept responsibility for costs for the engineer's visit, as long as the fault is found to be within the property... but I'm extremely confident that the issue lies, yet again, within the same local cabinet (possibly due to recent work activity within it).

I'm a long-standing (and hopefully valued) TalkTalk customer, and would prefer that to continue for a little longer... so could I please respectfully request that a Community Agent relieve my total frustration and arrange for an engineer visit as soon as possible?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Taff Strat

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Debbie, many thanks for your assistance in getting an engineer to visit the property.

As requested, I can confirm that the issue seems to have been resolved this morning and was found to be, as suspected, on ageing external BT/Openreach equipment. I will obviously monitor performance over the next few days to ensure continuity, but the current broadband speeds appear to be at an impressive 74.8Mbps download and 18.9Mbps upload.

Once again, many thanks and best wishes.

Message 3 of 7

Hi Taff Strat

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 04/06 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 7
Many thanks Debbie, I've responded to your private message.

Cheers!

Message 5 of 7

Hi Taff Strat

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a potential fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?