Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband problems

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi,

We have recently been having broadband issues. I first contacted the chat team as the internet was either only partially loading pages and going very slow or was coming up on devices as not connected to the internet. After a few times of contacting them and running the various tests via the master socket, they eventually said they changed some settings and all seemed to be ok for a while. The router got accidentally turned off today and once it restarted the problems came back. It has started working again for now although i'm not sure if this is related, but my chrome cast keeps losing connection and reconnecting regularly. All the lights are green on the router. On the service dashboard it states that you have detected and issue with the connection and the chat agents have said that it seems to be disconnecting. The only solution i have been provided with via chat on a couple of occasions is to upgrade to fibre! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

James

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Boardy long time no hear, hope you are well. Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during Monday. Which router do you have? Have you a spare you could try? 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. We don't have a spare router, the current one was sent a couple of months ago as we were having problems with connection and speed. It is a D-LINK DSL3782.

Thanks

James

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi.

I also seem to be getting this problem in the attached photo, which I first noticed yesterday when asked to go to the TalkTalk.help url. I get this message on a few websites but not all.

James

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Boardy thanks for the additional information, you have tried rebooting the router I'm sure. I think the best thing is now to wait till the OCE team are in tomorrow and they can run their tests and get you sorted. Good luck. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Boardy,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service

I can't communicate with your router at the moment, would you like me to send another router to test with?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi, 

The router has been on all day so should have been available. Yes please, if you could send another router that would be great.

Thanks

James

Highlighted

Hi Boardy

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

It includes advice to you help identify the cause of faults and report them to your provider, as well as information about what your provider should do to fix the problem, and what they should do if this takes longer than expected.

Highlighted

Hi Boardy,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Team Player

Hi,

We received the router yesterday and so far so good. The problem with accessing certain websites disappeared immediately and as far as I am aware we have had no disconnections yet. 

Thanks

James

Highlighted

Hi James

That's great news, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie