Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN issue, router?

grumpy74
First Timer
Message 24 of 24

I am having issues connection to the VPN I need to work from home. It seems the only possible reasons would be the router or broadband.

I have been working from home and connecting to this VPN for a year and a half with no issues.

I have tried connecting to this VPN on 2 different computers and neither is working so it's not a problem with the computer itself. Connected by ethernet which is also working fine on other devices.

IT guy at work could also not find any issues with the computer or it's settings.

I have seen other posts where people have had the same issue where the problem was caused by the router.

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi

Just following up on the recent VPN Issue you had, to aid our Teams in their investigation of the issue affecting the Sagemcom 5364 router running Firmware V130t.

Can you let me know if you tried changing the Firewall level in the router and if this allowed the VPN to connect.

Also, when using Windows inbuilt VPN, can you let me know what setting you chose from the below image.

Thanks  

Karl. ​​​​​​​

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

Hi grumpy74

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting me know.

Debbie 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

Hi Debbie,

Have received it now and VPN is working again. 

Message 4 of 24

Hi grumpy74

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've checked and the router is showing as dispatched.

If you don't receive this by this afternoon then please let me know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Hi Debbie,

we are yet to receive the router. Do you have any idea when it will arrive? As i am still unable to get any work done.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24
0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

Will do, thanks for your help 

Message 8 of 24

Hi grumpy74

The Huawei hub is on its way and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 9 of 24

yeah, that would be great thanks. Any idea how long that would take to be delivered?

Message 10 of 24

Hi grumpy74

Brilliant thanks for confirming this. Are you happy for me to send the Huawei hub out?

Message 11 of 24

Sorry, i've just realised what you meant by that. It was/is already set to obtain DNS server automatically

Message 12 of 24

Hi grumpy74

Ok don't worry, I can send a Huawei hub for testing whilst we investigate the issue with the Sagemcom. Will this be ok?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Hi, apologies but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by check connectivity. I cannot "disconnect from VPN" as I'm unable to connect to it in the first place?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

Hi grumpy74

Are you able to check connectivity in control panel and then check under IPV4, disconnect from VPN and then check if connects back on obtain DNS server automatically option?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

It is the windows built in and the server is a RAS server

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Hi grumpy74

Can you also confirm the VPN client you are using?

Message 17 of 24

Hi,

Tried the reset. No difference.

It's the windows built in VPN. Windows 10.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Hi

Try the reset as advised and see if this helps.

Which VPN client are you using ?

Where the 2 computers both running windows 10 etc. I know windows 11 is now available to some, and this does have issues with VPN, so just want to check that off the list.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 19 of 24

Try a pinhole reset. If that doesn't work then please make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that the support team can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

Message 20 of 24

FAST5364 3.00

SG4K100130

0 Likes