Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DLM Reset request due to high SNR Ratio and performance drops

10 REPLIES 10
Sillyoldelf
Sightseer

Hello,

I have noticed the talk talk fibre speed has become slow and the SNR is being reported as 11db by the router. The speed has dropped and now is at 30mbps.

I have two connections into the property and the BT fibre which is on the same cable achieves 42Mbps with a SNR of 5db.

Here is the info being reported by my router - line 1 is my BT fibre connection. I had them installed at same time and was told by engineer that they should both perform the same as they use the same cable.

Line 1 BT Information (VDSL2 Firmware Version: 779517_A/B/C with Vectoring support )
Profile State UP Speed Down Speed SNR Upstream SNR Downstream
17A SHOWTIME 8,291 (Kbps) 43,319 (Kbps) 5 (dB) 5 (dB)

TalkTalk VDSL2 Information From WAN 2 (VDSL2 Firmware Version: 05-07-06-0D-01-07)
Profile State UP Speed Down Speed SNR Upstream SNR Downstream
17A SHOWTIME 7675 (Kbps) 30000 (Kbps) 11(0.1dB) 11(0.1dB)

Is there anyway TalkTalk can tune the line and restore connection or do I have to request a DLM reset? If so how is it possible?

Many thanks

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Sillyoldelf

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 28.7mb.

There were a really high number of re connections on the line and this will affect the sync speed.

Is the connection still dropping? Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Sillyoldelf
Sightseer

it is connected to socket. We have BT and SKY broadband coming into the property and they are syncing at 63 downstream and 9 upstream. An openreach came out to fix the SKY line today as squirrels had munched at the line so I am wondering if this is why the speed is much lower on the talk talk line and drop out issues. He checked the sky line and confirmed the speeds.

OCE_Debbie

Hi Sillyoldelf

Thanks for your reply.

The line is now showing in sync at 36.4mb so it appears that DLM has started to increase the speed.

If the connection now remains stable then DLM should increase the speed further.

Please can you leave the router switched on without rebooting and I will check the speed again tomorrow.

Thanks

Debbie

Sillyoldelf
Sightseer

Thanks debbie.

Do you know the sky speeds are much higher on the same line to the property? It seems like the talktalk is under performing by quite some margin.

Sillyoldelf
Sightseer

The openreach engineer said the line could be put onto wiring the sky line is using which would solve the faults they detected but that it would have to be booked by talktalk.

OCE_Debbie

Hi Sillyoldelf

Is the connection still dropping? I can see re connections on the line and DLM wont increase the speed if the connection is unstable.

Thanks

Debbie

Sillyoldelf
Sightseer

Yes it is still showing problems.

I have a open reach engineer coming out to our BT line on Tuesday to fix the problems with that line which are the same as TalkTalk line as they both share same cable and come into the property in same location.

They have already fixed the Sky line and it is now performing at 65 down and 10 up. It sounds like the neighbours have been having similar problems so hopefully the engineers will be able to fix it all.

OCE_Debbie

Hi Sillyoldelf

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know how the connection compares following the engineer visit.

Debbie

Sillyoldelf
Sightseer

HI Debbie 

The sky broadband has been fixed but unfortunately the engineer couldn't fix the talktalk as it wasnt on his job sheet. Apparently it needs putting on a different cable which is a simple job to fix the speed and drops.

The sky is now performing properly but the talktalk still has issues as you can see.

How can I get an engineer out to fix it?

OCE_Michelle

Hi Sillyoldelf,

I've re-run the line test now which is clear, however I can see re-connections on the line. If the connection is still unstable at the test socket with 2 different routers then I think we should arrange an engineer visit to investigate the instability. Just to confirm, have you recently tested with a different router?

Thanks