Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittant DSL outages when phone used and a 'click' is heard.

renault14
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 14

Since October last year I have had periods when my line is noisy and, when using the phone, I can hear a 'click' and the router resyncs itself.

I've had OpenReach here a number of times.....a BrightSparks engineer once (he heard the noise)…...the master socket replaced......the router replaced......and still it happens.

I find TT Technician Support useless as I KEEP getting asked the same questions about the socket type, my phone type, "is it working now" and various lightweight questions EVERY TIME I call.

I have asked for an escalation within TalkTalk now to allow OpenReach, BrightSparks and TT Network Management to get their heads together and come up with a Problem Determination plan.

I can't get my head round WHY TT Network Management can't SEE what's going on with my link...….I can see it using the routers management channel......why can't they?

Stephen
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi

I'm sorry for the time it is taken to resolve this.  Sometimes there can be an intermittent fault that is very tricky to pin down and multiple engineer visits can occur because of this, but this only happens in very few cases.

Lets see what the engineer can do on the visit.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

SMC Manchester rang me yesterday, confirmed that they could see an issue and have arranged for yet another OpenReach engineer visit!

This makes it almost SIX months to resolve this with me spending hours co-operating with the Manila/South Africa call centres going through the same procedures without any real action.

I shall be looking for a goodwill gesture from TalkTalk to compensate for all this inconvenience.

Stephen
0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi renault14,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Are you in contact with a Complaints Manager? Would you like us to look into this for you here?

Thanks

0 Likes

renault14
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 14

NOTHING seems to be happening.....my fault still exists and TalkTalk are VERY quiet.

I have asked for a 'deadlock' letter to be produced so I can escalate to the Ombudsman about this appalling situation.

Stephen
0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Fault reappeared...….escalated to Network Team.

Stephen
0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi renault14

Our Network Team have advised that they can see some errors on the line and this is often caused by equipment or internal wiring.

What do you currently have connected to the line? Are you connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi renault14

Apologies for the delay.

Our Network Team are still looking into this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi renault14

I'm just discussing this fault with our Network Team and I will post back on this thread shortly.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Yes, please see my last post.

FYI OpenReach attended on the 16th April and, again, no fault was found!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Stephen
0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi renault14

Apologies for this.

Has a Complaints Manager contacted you in regards to the complaint raised?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi again,

I have updated my profile as requested.

You might like to know that I have raised an official complaint ref: 1-000005-981816-0. as this intermittent issue has been going on since October last year.

Here is my take on the progress (or lack of it!) since then......all dates/times are approximate:

* 23/10/18.......no fault found.....despite being told there was still a fault!

* 27/10/18.......OpenReach attended on 31/1/9/18 and replaced the master socket and all tested ok.

* 04/11/18.......OpenReach attended on 07/11/18 and tested again......escalated but no feedback given!

* 13/12/18.......advised all ok now!

* 19/12/18.......OpenReach attended on 20/12/18 and no fault found!

* 06/02/19.......OpenReach attended on 11/2/19 and no fault found!

* 01/04/19...... OpenReach attended on 3/4/19 and found high line resistance traced to poor joint in street chamber.....fixed?

* 10/04/19.......BrightSparks attended on 11/4/19 and found noisy line......told they would escalate to OpenReach.

* 12/04/19.......my chasing of fault status exposed lack of follow through.......nothing being progressed......OpenReach booked for the 16/04/19.

What I find baffling is, despite this catalogue of failures being documented on your fault reporting systems, there seems to be a complete lack of a 'joined-up' service........where I am constantly being asked the same questions about my home setup even when, in the last episode where a BrightSparks engineer attended my premises, I was again asked by the Manila Call Centre basic questions about my house setup again! I also find it strange that a more proactive stance is taken my TalkTalk's Network Management division in analysing the statistics that the router is reporting in an endeavour to find the likely cause of the line failures.

I am also aware that, during this latest episode and despite the BrightSparks engineer saying he would escalate the fault to OpenReach, Manila claim that only a note was communicated to them with no further action being recommended! Only my phone call motivated another call to OpenReach to be booked leaving with poor service for another four days!

I would like my case escalated to an Engineering manager within OpenReach and TalkTalk in a concerted effort to fix this consistent intermittent issue (namely noise and interference on my line) and I would like to understand the problem determination steps that both parties are going to undertake. I would like written feedback, to this e-mail address, within five working days from today.

Failing this feedback I shall have no hesitation to approach the Regulator and raise an official complaint about lack of service and poor customer support.

Since this complaint was received two Technical Managers have contacted me when I was asked to go through the same basic home problem determination !  I have refused to cooperate as TalkTalk should be continuing this fault tracing process and NOT going back to basics!

Stephen
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 14

Hi renault14

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?