Highlighted
Team Player

Hi,

I think my line has got speed cap on downstream:

Status UP Connection Time 00h52m39s
Link Status UP
Standard VDSL2 (G_993_2_ANNEX_ B)
Line Encoding DMT
Link Encapsulation ATM (G_992_3_ANNEX_ K_ATM)
Downstream Upstream
Actual Rate [Kbps] 18000 5304
Maximum Rate [Kbps] 23622 5304
Noise Margin [dB] 7.60 7.20
Attenuation [dB] 25.80 0.00
Power [dBm] 7.20 7.10

It looks strange, set exactly at 18mb. Is there any chance to take off the speed cap or reset DLM as this could help if it wouldn't be a speed cap? Another thing is, that this is the New Router and Max available down speed before was 33Megs.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi byczek51,

The line management system (DLM) has set a profile that's limiting your speed to 18Mbps, it does this if the number of diconnection and/or errors exceed the maximimum allowed in a give time period

How many telephone sockets do you have. Have you got anything connected to your telephone sockets in addition to your router?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Chris,

I haven't got anything else connected to DSL line.  I'm not using landline. More then week ago TT recognised router failure as it was causing line drop. I've got new router for a week now. Wifi Hub with latest firmware. Max down dropped after router swap from 33 to 23. 18Megs cap not changed. 

Regards
Sebastian
Highlighted

Hi byczek51,

Thanks for the additional information. Does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello Michelle,

My master socket is the latest version (5c mk4) replaced by Opeanreach engineer last July. He performed DLM reset after repair of the rusty connection outside my house. Few month was fine but suddenly last weeks sync was dropping day by day. I talked to TT technicians on chat and they performed tests with faulty router outcome. I've got this latest TT router for more then week now and  it looks like DLM stayed at 18000 for good. I think only DLM reset can help. Back to your question, line has been tested via test socket already with no difference. If you could do for my remote DLM reset I'll be pleased.

Highlighted

Hi byczek51

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket for 48hrs to allow DLM time to monitor and start making changes to the line profile?

We can't remotely reset DLM, this would require an Openreach engineer visit if DLM doesn't start to increase the speed by its self.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello Debbie,

It's been already more then 48h connected to test socket after IP address reset with no success.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello,

You should be able to send remote DLM reset to Openreach as it is in this news.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/02/ability-reset-openreach-fttc-broadband-dlm-profiles-ar...

Highlighted

Hi byczek51,

Do you have anything connected to your test socket in addition to your router?

is your router situated close to other devices that could be causing interference? Is it connected to a muliti socket electrical extension lead shared with other devices 

Thanks
Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Chris,

Nothing else connected to test socket. Router is located far from other devices and is powered from single wall socket. Can anyone help me with remote DLM reset, please?

Highlighted

Hi byczek51,

Could I just confirm, is your connection still unstable with the replacement router connected as I can see 3 re-connections on the line in the last 24hrs or have you rebooted or switched off the router?

If the connection is unstable then we'll need to raise this first as this will affect the broadband speed.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Michelle,

I've been on chat with TT Yesterday and they did line tests again. I think it could interrupt connection.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi all,

I've done long term test. More then week ago I've turned router off for about 5h and I didn't restart router for more then 8 days. These are the results:

StatusConnection TimeLink StatusStandardLine EncodingLink Encapsulation

Line 1
UP
8d 19h40m00s
UP
VDSL2 (G_993_2_ANNEX_ B)
DMT
ATM (G_992_3_ANNEX_ K_ATM)

Actual Rate [Kbps]Maximum Rate [Kbps]Noise Margin [dB]Attenuation [dB]Power [dBm]

Line 1
DownstreamUpstream

This is the message from TT service status:

Your Line Speed

Your Estimated Speeds: 22 Mb - 36 Mb. Your Actual Speed: 18 Mb.

Can anyone help me? My next door neighbor hes got with TT 33Mb downstream. I can see, this case need definitely DLM reset. Therefore anyone of you can arrange that?

Highlighted

Hi byczek51,

Thanks for trying that.

Your sync speed is just below the guaranteed minimum so we can raise this to Openreach and arrange an engineer visit 

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some details 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted

Hi byczek51,

Thanks for the PM, I've replied requesting a bit more information 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted

Hi byczek51,

Thanks for the PM, I've replied

Chris

Highlighted

Hi byczek51,

I've run another line test and DLM had moved you to a faster profile in the early hours of this morning which has resulted in your speed increasing to 20Mbps which is above the guaranteed minimum. As DLM has moved you to a faster profile could you monitor your connection for a couple of days and we'll see if there are any further improvements. If DLM moves you back to a slower profile we can go ahead with the engineer visit 

Thanks 

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Chris,

Last night sync dropped to 18Mb again after more then 8 days continues connection. Please arrange engineer visit asap as I've got enough waiting.

StatusConnection TimeLink StatusStandardLine EncodingLink Encapsulation

Line 1
UP
06h15m40s
UP
VDSL2 (G_993_2_ANNEX_ B)
DMT
ATM (G_992_3_ANNEX_ K_ATM)

Actual Rate [Kbps]Maximum Rate [Kbps]Noise Margin [dB]Attenuation [dB]Power [dBm]

Line 1
DownstreamUpstream

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi byczek51

Apologies for this.

Please can you confirm your availability for this visit AM and PM and I will arrange this for you. Please can you also confirm possible engineer charges.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie,

Yes I confirm and AM slot please.