FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65 but still getting Fibre 35 speeds

AndrejB
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

Hello. I updated my Fibre on 65. But the speed hasn't changed.

I tried switching it off for a full 30 minutes! 

You can see in the picture that my account has changes to Fibre 65 but in the router

settings 35.

How long should I wait for an update?

Img1.jpgImg2.jpg

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 15
Ah bother, thanks for the heads up
0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hello. I don't want to upset you, but nothing will change. Except for the price!
For 2 months nothing has changed for me

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi @Anonymous,

For the staff here to help you will need to start your own topic on the community. The staff here can only help one customer per topic.

Also, for one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in your topic, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to your post within a working day or two.

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 15

Hello, I hope you are well.

I've just recently upgraded from fiber 35 to 65, but I'm still getting fiber 35 speeds, infact I'm only getting 25mbps download and 7 upwards.

I thought it maybe because I've only just changed and it might be updating, but I've checked my dashboard and everything has changed over.

I ran a line test and its saying there maybe a problem, but everything seems OK.

I'm not quite sure what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Screenshot_20210323-215423_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210323-215536_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210323-215931_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210323-215957_Messenger.jpg

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

And so maybe it will be useful for someone.

After talking with Loyalty Team I knew that you can't just cancel the update. 

The letter about my order says- You can cancel anytime up to 20 days after we accept your order and you may have to pay any costs incurred up to the time you cancel.

Loyalty Team told me I have to pay 30£ to return on Fibre 35 and the speed will be slower. 

30£ for 10 days Fibre 65 when I actually get Fibre 35 speed?! And then the speed will be slower?!

Then I started talking with Technical help.

There they asked a couple of questions. Checked my line and speed. And they said they will transfer my data somewhere and check it again.

After a couple of days, I turned off the router for 10 hours while I was at work. 

The speed is still Fiber 35!

I understood that this problem for very many users. And they write about this problem not only here. Now I have a contract for 18 months again. But before that I paid 23.50 and now 26 for the same. 

But now I will definitely not update anything.

Thanks 

No answer required

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay. This would need to be completed by our Loyalty Team. I'd recommend contacting them directly so they can look into this further and advise.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

The router was plugged into a test socket on Tuesday at about 18:00. Can you bring me back on Fiber 35? Безымянный.jpg

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Morning,

The speed would usually only increase if the line was previously in sync at the full 40mb. How long has the router been connected to the test socket for? Were you provided with a predicted speed range prior to the upgrade?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

The speed before that was exactly the same. I have bee.n using for half a year Fibre 35 and after updating to Fibre 65 nothing has changed. 

If I understood correctly about the test socket, that is. I added a photo.1.jpgIMG_1697.jpeg

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 15

Hi AndrejB,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Just to confirm, what speeds were you seeing prior to this? Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router at the test socket please so we can see if DLM makes any changes to the sync speed?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15
Hi, the staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond early next week. The speeds should have changed immediately, and if the 30+ minute shutdown has not resolved it then it will need one of the staff to take a look.

Message 12 of 15

Anyone from Talk Talk can answer how long the transition to Fibre 65 takes? Or is there something wrong with my line?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Thank you. I've already done it

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi @AndrejB,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.

0 Likes