cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

At my wits end

We have been having problems with our broadband for months now.After numerous calls, live chats, several engineer visits, and a new router, we are still experiencing extremely poor internet service. I find the phone calls and live chats extremely fru...

Mistaken Engineer Charge

Hi there, I'm reaching out because I believe I've been unfairly charged for a recent engineer visit, here's why: In mid-March, I started experiencing frequent internet connection drops and slow speeds.After troubleshooting with the live chat support,...

ItsChris by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Router disconnects from the internet

I've had a stable internet connection for the past year. For the past few days the router (Fast 5364) is disconnecting from the ISP and frequenty reconnecting, I can see this in the router dashboard advance settings. The WIFI connection remains stabl...

zorro7 by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Wifi fitting tomorrow

Hello, can I please confirm that the engineer appointment in the morning is still going ahead? It has disappeared from my dashboard. Please can you advise that this is going ahead? Kind regards, Kerry Ronan.

Update required on REP-14147062

Good Morning, Could you provide an update on when my service will resume, the recent updates have been less that satisfactory just to say an openreach engineer has been allocated, i have been without service since thursday the 28th of may, i am now s...

5C Master Socket Wiring Question?

Quick question... my bog standard wired (TalkTalk) telephone connection comes into the house to a junction box inside the hall by the front door. I've decorated the hall recently and the wire that went from the junction box (by the front door) to the...

Frequent drops/Internet randomly resetting itself

My internet as of recent has been randomly dropping as much as 6-7 times in a 15 minute span its getting unuseable at times its insanely frustrating and i need someone to check this out. here are some logs for this. Other times theres no issue and ce...

zephyrX1 by Team Player
  • 16 replies
  • 0 like

Router stopped working

Hi my home broadband router stop working. no power is coming to the Router. No Internet since yesterday. got 3x kids at home who required to ise Laptop for school's home work. could you please get this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you REMOVED

Upgrade Broadband?

We've just joined TalkTalk and we currently have a very underwhelming connection speed of 2mbps. When the engineer came, he said that this was because we are connected to the exchange at the other end of the village rather than the one outside the ho...

JaneD2 by Chatterbox
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Equipment and Poor broadband

Hi allWhat equipment should I have in home for Fibre 65 ? I currently have a Huawei-HG633 router but whilst looking through the fix it section it looks like I should also have an Openreach modem on the Fibre 65. I have been having lots of connectivit...

IMG_0149.png
Dougie by Team Player
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

Internet connection keeps randomly dropping throughout the day

Hello. We've recently had an engineer around our house to check the connections within our home. He's replaced the ethernet cable as he said there was a manufacturing fault with it which could be causing the dropouts in connection. Since the visit we...

AJW93 by Team Player
  • 27 replies
  • 0 like

Phone line and broadband down

Hi.I've lost Landline and therefore VDSL broadband connection. I used the checker on the TalkTalk website and since I reported it the status is unchanged : "we're currently investigating your case"In the high winds overnight and this morning, a tree ...

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 20.39.19.png

internet install

Hello, today was the day when my internet was supposed to be live and the engineer from open reach would also be coming today between 1pm to 6pm and due to this I waited the entire day but the engineer did not come. Due to this I could not do anythin...

No Phone or Internet Connection All Week

Since Open Reach engineers began working on a telephone pole at the back of my house, early last week, I have been disconnected from both the internet and telephone system.I cannot pay bills online or receive or make calls from my home phone.This has...

JohnE5 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Internet problems

Hi I am nighat asghar one week I don't have a Internet I have been try myself to solve this problem but I can't so I contacted with you please send a engineer to correct my Internet thanks

Change Engineer Appointment Date

Hi,I recently placed an order for broadband and have been assigned an engineer appointment but the day is not suitable. Please could you help me rearrange it.Many thanks

will547 by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

It’s a week I have no phone line or internet

I have made several calls to TalkTalk for a week now explaining that I have no telephone or internet. I keep getting put on hold whilst the Technical Team speaks with Open Reach Team as it’s an external problem. Every time I call, I get told an Open ...

Wazzaa by First Timer
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like