cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

5GHz Channel keeps changing after manual setting

Using WiFi Analyzer on a tablet I can see that our 5364 router's 5GHz channel is set to 40 which is exactly the same as our neighbours. So I changed ours to 100 and all was OK. However the next day it had gone back to 40, so it was reset to 100 and t...

Update Router & replacement SAGEMCOM AC-DC adapter

Hi, My power adapter for the WiFi router has become damaged and does not work, can a new adapter be sent to my home address? As I logged onto to request the above my service status has highlighted that my router needs updating with the error message ...

Sagemcom Locking out Ethernet PC, causing reboot of Router

Periodically, every few days, My Ethernet connected PC will not connect to the router. This has also occurred with the other Ethernet connected device. All the Wifi connected devices are OK. The Firmware version is SG4K10002816t and |I understand tha...

PeterM7 by Chatterbox
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

hg635 reverting to factory settings

Hi All,Been using HG635 for many years, no problems ever.Suddenly started reverting to factory settings every couple of hours.I suspect the hardware/firmware is corrupt. Any chance of a replacement?

2.4GHz keeps reverting to channel 6 - TalkTalk WiFi Hub

About eight months ago TalkTalk sent me a new router, the WiFi hub. It's been working fine, nice and reliable. Unfortunately this last couple of weeks all my 2.4ghz devices stopped working and the router keeps resetting 2.4g wifi to channel 6. I go i...

WDeranged by Popular Poster
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

Letter about a router sent in November that never arrived

I have received a letter and an email asking me to install the new router sent in November 2021 so that I do not lose the broadband service. But I never received a router.The letter says that there is no charge for the router or for planned improveme...

jgcfh by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like

Router Crashes/Resets When Connecting Laptop

Hello all, We are having a problem with our TalkTalk router. Whenever I try to connect my laptop, the router crashes/resets itself leaving the power light on red and all other lights extinguished. The laptop will work through the router when connecte...

Ok who dunnit

I've been very lucky recently and my speeds have improved from 18 to 26, brilliant. Today back down to 22. Is this DLM being a total pita? Images to follow.

Divsec by Community Star
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

No valid IP configuration - ethernet

Since this morning, I’ve been unable to connect using ethernet - the adapter shows ‘unidentified network’ and if I troubleshoot it tells me ‘Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.’ ipconfig /all shows I have a 169.*.*.* IP address - I’ve tri...

Router restarting because of "Kernel Panic"

Hi My router has now restarted twice due to "Kernel Panic" Cutting me off whilst holding in meetings. I'm also concerned that the prior message alludes to a DoS attack should I be concerned? I have no device at 192.168.1.27 2022-01-29 15:10:09 [Error...

When will TT confirm my account ?

HiI signed up with TT (67mbps) through Uswitch 26/01/22. It advised that I required an Openreach engineer so I chose the date: 01/03/22, however, although I am currently with Virgin Media, I do have an existing BT socket, so I doubt I do require an e...

uk69gb by Popular Poster
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Help with logs and broadband stability

Hi, I've recently tried to get onto fastpath from interleaved by turning router off for full 30 minutes and hoping broadband is stable, after doing so my broadband was stable for 12 days until I dropped internet, in that case the router was flashing ...

Hive Hub not connecting with FAST5364

Hi, I'm having issues with a Hive Hub install and I have the FAST 5364-3.T8.Tt seems the router is blocking the traffic coming back from Hive. I have logged into the router and the FE port the Hive is connected too and it says nothing is connected. H...

jjh1972 by Chatterbox
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

Wifi but internet drops out?

HiFor the past few months i've been having internet issues but only over wifi.Its quite random when it happens and I only knew about it as I leave an echo on for the dog and when I got home it was off.Over xmas and being at home I noticed it and foun...

dbeevers by Popular Poster
  • 23 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! eero vs Sagemcom

Is there any real disadvantage in staying with the TALKTALK Sagemcom wifi hub which has 3 LAN connections and a WPS button, plus more flexible management interface, compared with the new EERO6 hub just received with fibre 150 installation, which has ...

D_abe by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 like

Slow Broadband and dropping connection

I have fibre 35 and I am only getting 22mb/s to router and a maximum of 16mb/s to devices. This is causing major buffering on Netflix/Disney+ and phone connection to wifi drops constantly and has been going on for months. I have tried 4 times going t...

Wullier by Popular Poster
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Router needing to be reset daily/every other day

Hi, usually my internet connection is very stable and fast. I hardly ever have any complaints. Never have to do any kind of reset. However, for just over a week I'm finding my internet will cut out once every day or so. I have the Talk Talk router wi...

DG8041W No port fowarding

I was exchanged this router because I was originally I was supplied with a Sagemcom that was forever dropping its wifi as the chip would overheat.Now i've discovered with the DG8041w i cant port forward (common fault) so what's the answer?Change ISP?...

Replacement router

Is it possible to have a replacement sagemcom fast 5364 router. No lights on current router and been through various tests with customer support with no results. Power checked cables checked line checked so must be u/s router.

bontosh by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like