cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

VPN connection stopped working

Hi,my VPN connection to work has stopped working and I am getting a message “A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed”. It was working fine until yesterday and hasn’t worked since. ...

Resolved! VPN connection not working

Hi,My VPN connection to work has stopped working and I am getting an error message which says "Error 619 : A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed."It was working OK on Tuesday 11 ...

dlotnu by Popular Poster
  • 22 replies
  • 0 like

I can't connect to VPN

Good evening TalkTalk, I can't at all connect to my company's VPN network at all from using my talktalk broadband, I am on Fibre 65 and yesterday it was working fine, today I have had to use my mobile phone hotspot to connect to my company's VPN, can...

VPN Issues SG4K100130

Hello, Recently VPNs have not been connecting from home using any Windows device. I understand there is an issue with Sagemcom routers with firmware SG4K100130 (which is what mine is). Please can I have a replacement router sent out? I work from home...

Issue with connecting to VPN

Hi,I'm getting an issue while connecting to office VPN. It was working fine from last two years. Seems like there is an update on router last night and unable to connected to VPN.Can I see many other people raising the same issue.

Jaz13 by Popular Poster
  • 17 replies
  • 0 like

VPN no longer connecting

Similar to other recent posts on here, as of yesterday my work VPNs are no longer connecting. They fail with error 806.Can anyone offer any advice please?

Unable to connect to VPN

I've been working from home since March 2020 and have managed to connect to my companies VPN without issue until around 10th December. Have tried the live chat & phoning several times but still not able to get connected. Furthermore our account doesn...

Shads by Popular Poster
  • 22 replies
  • 0 like

VPN Not Working since 8th Dec 2021

Dear Support Team Please acknowledge that I could not connect to my work VPN through Sagecom 5364 Router since 8th December 2021. This stopped me from working efficiently which also did affect the company performance massively. Please see the link be...

VPN

Hi All My work VPN was working fine last week but now I cant connect, I know its not the VPN as I can log on using other wifi networks Thanks Carl

Cisco AnyConnect

I'm having serious issues where my work's vpn, Cisco AnyConnect, continuously drops and reconnects. This only happens with Talk Talk, not when I'm using my phone as a hotspot or any other wifi network. From searching the forums this seems to be a kno...

ClaireD2 by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

VPN using PPTP has stopped working

Since 8th December my main work VPN has stopped working. I have been troubleshooting this with my IT team and we have eliminated my machine, credentials and VPN server. I am only able to connect to this VPN from another location using a different rou...

VPN Connection Issues

Good afternoon, I am having trouble connecting to my office server through VPN. My IT people have checked everything and believe that a block is in place which is stopping the connection.Could this please be checked for me as I am now working from ho...

PPTP VPN (OUTBOUND) STOPPED WORKING on Sagemcom router

Hello, PPTP VPN connections no longer work to my wife's work place. A different (more secure) VPN protocol still works fine to my workplace. A few weeks ago the PPTP connection was working just fine. I've made not any network changes. My router is Sa...

VPN Not Working

My VPN to work stopped working yesterday. PPTN connection. Please help 

pads1964 by First Timer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

My VPN connection to my office wont work with talk talk

Hiya...I have posted before but have never received a solution. Occasionally I need to connect to my head office at work through a VPN they set up. I have checked and it is the standard windows vpn that they use. When I connect using my phone as a ho...

PPTP VPN (Outbound) stopped working

Hello,I use a PPTP VPN to connect to work, on Wednesday this week (01.12.21) the internet connection was not working in my home. I ended up factory resetting the router and 10 minutes later the internet connection was back up.BUT, since then I have n...