cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Hawei Router DG8041W-21.T5.Settings

HiI have a Hawei Router DG8041W-21.T5.What I want to do is have it "open" so that people don't need to log in, but I can't find how to do that, there was a box to tick or not that says "open" in the wifi setup but that has not sorted it , still askin...

spike47 by Conversation Starter
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Router changing channel

I have the Sagemcom as my main router with the older D-Link Model DSL-3782 connected by ethernet with DHCP turned off to provide roaming on the same SSID but different channels. It works perfectly until:1) the Sagemcom keeps changing channel often to...

Tim5230 by Conversation Starter
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! HG635 as a wifi extender?

Hello Sorry if this has been asked before, I’ve seen a couple of posts but am getting nowhere as I’m a complete numpty at this kind of thing  What I’m trying to do: I have a HG633 router installed for my house broadband which is working fine. I’ve r...

Ian05 by Popular Poster
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Wifi signal dropping out

Hi Talk TalkMy wifi is constantly dropping out more and more and we find ourselves having to reset the router at least a couple of times a week. Its getting very frustrating, especially as my partner works from home. We have a couple of hard wired de...

BROADBAND AVAILABLE ON WI-FI ONLY

The router is connected to the computer through an eternetnet connection as is the TV and my Xbox. None of these devices can get an internet signal thorugh the ehternet cables. I have tried switching them round but nothing is effective. The router is...

Go live date - no internet

Hi. My go live date was yesterday (12/4). I received the email stating my account was now active. The phone line has switched fine but the broadband is not working. All I have is a flashing amber light on the router. I noted on my account there is a ...

Wifi Router optimising channels over our neighbours :-(

Hello, Can one of your very helpful support engineers turn off WiFi optimisation on our hub please? One of our nextdoor neighbours has an evil Eero hub which in one corner of out house has stronger signal than ours but after I move the channels apart...

Broken Router (no wifi)

Hi I have an issue with my router that I've tried to resolve by calling the helpline, but I don't they understand my issue and its really frustrating. Basically, my router is no longer emiting a wifi signal. ie, it doesn't show on any wireless device...

Request that the Wi-Fi auto-optimisation be disabled please.

Hello please could I request that the Wi-Fi auto-optimisation be disabled again on on my Router.This was previously disabled about 14 months ago, but is now active again. There are a number of Wi-Fi networks near to me which I believe is affecting my...

MarkAT by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Fluctuating speeds (70mb - 71kmb) and main website login issues

Any known issues to why I can’t log into the main website to view my service?Only lets me log into the community service.Wifi is fluctuating a lot on PS5 and mobile - from unusable speeds to top speeds. Any known issues nationwide or In the area CH2 ...

220C6D00-C1B4-42A0-9E09-16D63017D1D0.png ADDED76E-806E-4463-A2F5-29E852085131.png 2A80FACA-2D0F-44A8-96D4-676D69C48C06.png
Zonnks by Popular Poster
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

WiFi keeps dropping out

I am currently having to reboot my router up to four times a day as the WiFi keeps dropping out. This is becoming increasingly frustrating. As soon as I reboot all is ok again. The router is always displaying constant white light when the WiFi drops....

marksmen by Popular Poster
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

2 problems - internet and mail

Hi, for the last few weeks I have had broadband (faster fibre) problems on an evening. There doesn't seem to be a problem during the day but come early evening everything slows down and it's often impossible to connect to sites. Talktalk have tested ...

WiFi optimisation

Hi,Currently running router DG8041W an am encountering WiFi dropouts, mostly on the 2.5GHz band, but occasionally on the 5GHz too.Could the WiFi optimisation be disabled on my router please, as this seems to correspond to an automatic changing of cha...

rhyswyn by Popular Poster
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Replacement router for fibre 65

I am currently on the fibre 65 plan and my Internet speed isn't very good from my router. I did an online test and it said my internet speed was good, but the speed to my devices is getting worse and worse, and cuts out frequently meaning I have to c...

dchl2 by Popular Poster
  • 16 replies
  • 0 like

Wifi Optimisation

Could I please have wifi optimisation turned off please as I recently got my firmware updated aswell as a new router and the problem is recurring.

ayman786 by Team Player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

specific site suddenly not working through wifi

I need to connect to www.raterhub.com on my pc for my work. If I try on the pc it just times out, if I connect using my phone through wifi it's the same, however, if I use my phones data it connects fine (I can not use my phone for work though).Have ...

skoobz by Chat Champion
  • 31 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband has not be connected after homemove!

I moved house last week and initially book my WiFi to be reconnected on the 13th, TalkTalk moved it to the 18th - which came and went with no signs of internet! no emails, no updates and my order progress just says the 18th still! Any help would be g...

Disable Wifi Optimisation Please

Please can you disable Wifi Optimisation on our router please? It doesn't work very well (usually chooses the most crowded channel every night). Thank you.

SteveRB by Team Player
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

How do we request for a new router with more ethernet ports?

As title suggests. The eero router they gave us only has one usable ethernet port. We would like to get a new one with more ports. How do we go about this? Talktalk aren't offering much help over the phone. Also where is the chat functionality to tal...

AsadK471 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

SLOW INTERNET

I'm on Fibre35 'guaranteed' to get min 21Mb/s download., actually getting 12.Ran the online diagnostics to no avail.Currently paying more than £30 a month for 12 Mb/s - why am I not getting what TT guarantee.I should add that I was getting around 20 ...