cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

No welcome email

Yesterday I upgraded my existing TT account and I saved a transcript of the chat. It says " We will send a welcome that will give you full details of your new contract" I assume the person I was chatting with meant a welcome *email*. 24 hours later I...

TominLondon by Super Duper Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Changing NAT type to form 1

Does anyone know what I need to put in, on order to change my NAT type on my PS4? It wont let me upload a photo but basically I'm on port forwarding and theres like 6 boxes.first one says Service then underneath it theres two boxes one says external ...

ORDI REQUEST - please

So after some unhelpful suggestions about not using BLOCK CAPITALS to voice my irritation at this service, having spent nearly 3 HOURS on the phone to talktalk and an entire morning on this matter and having been asked to start YET ANOTHER topic on t...

Renewing contract

Received a call telling me I can change to a new fibre broadband and after ages explaining it all and agreeing to it I was told it was not available for my property. Then I was put onto customer services to renew my contract which runs out in just un...

lankeela by Chatterbox
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Cannot recieve calls

Just been told by family members that when they ring my landline they get 3 or 4 beeps then the lines goes dead. We can make calls, there is a good dial tone. 1471 says last call was Feb 13th 4 days ago. How do I report this

Gwyndryn by Popular Poster
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

£80 Voucher - over 90 days and heard nothing

Hi When I signed up for Broadband on 31st October 2021 via a comparison site I was promised an £80 Amazon voucher within 90 days of my service start date (15th November). I've heard nothing since apart from an initial email saying I would receive det...

Address not listed

Hi there I am trying to move my broadband from my old address REMOVED , however I can't find my new address in the drop down menu when trying to complete the moving home process online with TalkTalk. I am able to find my address with the postcode che...

Provider reference

Hi, i ordered my wifi with a £105 giftcard but i need a provider reference to access this it’s been over 90 days and i haven’t had any emails with the N number attached?

Disable WI-FI Optimisation

Hi, As others have raised previously, I am also having a problem with my router changing the 5ghz wifi channel after a period of time. It's picking a channel that is more congested rather than one that has no one else on it resulting in performance p...

ayman786 by Team Player
  • 19 replies
  • 0 like

Guaranteed minimum 280Mbps, receiving 200

I've come back here as a last resort really.Since I upgraded from fibre 150 to fibre 250 on 1st February, the speeds have been nowhere near the guaranteed minimum. Monday, an engineer visited and 10 minutes before he arrived, the speed shot up to bet...

Renewing?

My contract is ending soon. There is no information from Talktalk regarding a renewal offer. They don't want my business any more?

Contract Renewal?

On the 13th January 2022 I renewed my contract to an 18 month Fast Broadband plan for £22 per month, the estimated go live date was 13/01/22 This was completed via the online chat. I renewed as I had received an email on the 24th December 2021 offeri...

Leaving TalkTalk

My contract expires on March 24 2022. How much notice do I have to give that I wish to leave TalkTalk. Many thanks.

vernon by Conversation Starter
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Amazon Voucher code not received

Hi, I have not received my Amazon voucher and I have surpassed the 90 day cooling period. Please can you advise / arrange for the code to be sent to me. Thanks Faith

Feeble80 by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Router Crashes/Resets When Connecting Laptop

Hello all, We are having a problem with our TalkTalk router. Whenever I try to connect my laptop, the router crashes/resets itself leaving the power light on red and all other lights extinguished. The laptop will work through the router when connecte...

When will TT confirm my account ?

HiI signed up with TT (67mbps) through Uswitch 26/01/22. It advised that I required an Openreach engineer so I chose the date: 01/03/22, however, although I am currently with Virgin Media, I do have an existing BT socket, so I doubt I do require an e...

uk69gb by Popular Poster
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

issues with service and pricing

I've recently moved in to care for my elderly mother and help her manage her bills etc and have noticed some issues with the broadband service we are getting, and also have some concerns about the billing. Firstly, regarding the service .. having mon...

Disable UPNP

Hi, can I get an admin to disable the UPNP setting on my router, thank you.

Fibre upgrade but no change

Hi, I hope someone can help. Our internet was upgraded to fibre a couple of weeks ago, which was no issue at all. The issue is that the actual service provided doesn’t seem to have improved.. the internet is lagging and freezing as much as it was wit...

Hwalker by Popular Poster
  • 10 replies
  • 1 like

DG8041W No port fowarding

I was exchanged this router because I was originally I was supplied with a Sagemcom that was forever dropping its wifi as the chip would overheat.Now i've discovered with the DG8041w i cant port forward (common fault) so what's the answer?Change ISP?...

DOWN FROM 50MBPS TO 10

Hi, Can anyone help? I have spoken to online chat twice and after doing so for 2 hours I haven't gotten anywhere. Since the start of December my speed has dropped from 50-60mbps to 10. This is proving completing essential work for my job difficult. T...

Retaining talktalk email address.

Hi. Hope someone can advise. I used to be with Talktalk many years ago and kept using my email address on webmail and am now paying £5 a month to keep that address. I'm thinking of returning to Talktalk and have been told on chat that once I rejoin I...

Bacupite by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Upgrade?

I've had numerous texts and emails about a free upgrade eg 'We recently contacted you about arranging your upgrade to full fibre, as part of a nationwide upgrade.As a loyal TalkTalk customer your upgrade is available at no extra cost.You won’t pay an...