cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

COMMUNICATION ERROR WITH THE GATEWAY

I've just tried accessing the admin pages on my router to find it is giving a:"Communication error with the gateway" error. I've tried rebooting the router - no change in behavior. I'm also sure I'm using the correct credentials. The system seemed to...

No broadband and no help from TalkTalk

I'm having terrible problems with my broadband and have decided to try this forum as a last resort, as I have been advised this method often gets better results than the shambolic and dire telephone "helpline". What should have been a straightforward...

FrankT by Popular Poster
  • 11 replies
  • 0 like

Re issues raised reference no CMD228778

Could someone explain to me why a callback to me has been rearranged 7 times?Given a large part of me raising a complaint has been the complete lack of support offered by TT and this issue which started February 23rd has resulted in the latest rearra...

chasg2013 by Popular Poster
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Home change online issue/phone communication not working

Hi there. So I have tried to do the online change of address as I will move home this weekend and it says that it was not possible and to call the dedicated move team and so I called but after giving all the details etc etc I am being told that my ca...

Wifi Optimisation

Could I please have wifi optimisation turned off please as I recently got my firmware updated aswell as a new router and the problem is recurring.

ayman786 by Team Player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Complaints

Is the only way to complain really through chat? I sent an email the other day, was told to contact chat. Did that today and after 90 minutes and 3 agents, got nowhere and was cut off yet again. This is part of what my complaint was about. How are we...

Kazzyd by Popular Poster
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like

Supersafe Login problem

Hello - I have downloaded the Supersafe program (TTOnlineDefenceInstaller.exe) from my email link but when input my TT login details into the Supersafe login I get 'Incorrect login. Please Try again'. I have re-downloaded and re-tried several times w...

Can’t sign into my account

 Can’t sign into my TalkTalk account after it logged me out the app. Apparently they don’t recognise my email even though I haven’t changed it and been with TalkTalk for YEARS. I tried re registering and apparently my details are invalid?

4D1BCF32-9346-4341-B033-235A2DCE871F.jpeg 9B2A0580-9481-42FB-A86F-EE7F4A061D5A.jpeg
jackiee1 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

contract renewal

Contract ending: option to move onto a new, matching Fast Broadband and Line Rental contract for £19.95 per month for another 18 months - so selected this option 19th Feb, should have received email confirmation within 10 days - nothing received.Howe...

Renewed contract through email, but it hasn't changed yet

Hi, Recently my broadband contract expired, so I received an email from TalkTalk with 3 options. I clicked on the link for the second option which was to upgrade to the Fibre65 deal. However, I haven't been moved onto it yet and still appear to be on...

Renewing Broadband Contract. Unwanted TV charge.

Hi,With apologies if posting this in the wrong place.I am attempting to renew my broadband only contract. TV not currently included as I don't need or want. However, the renewal offer includes TV at an additional £2 a month (discounted from £4) with ...

mike14cg by Popular Poster
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Service Centre

Working fine if I run a real time speed test, and shows the graph of speed to the router and minimum guaranteed speed fine. However, for months it has not been showing the record of recent speed tests.   Any particular reason? Independently of Talkta...

Screenshot_20220305-225342_Chrome.jpg

renual

when you say renew and see our upgrades and offers why is it that when i press the button for renew i get the message your liness say that i can't have an upgrade it seems to me that you just want me to pay more or is that just for new customers if i...

Katy5 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! F-Secure subscription cancelled???

Hi everyone, I've just renewed my broadband package for another 18 months, and I think the call centre agent, has missed understood me when he asked about if I wanted to continue with the Safe Cover protection. I said yes, I would like to continue wi...

MattiP by Team Player
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Fast Broadband too slow for Ring doorbell

I have just bought a Ring 4 for peace of mind as I’m newly disabled. I am on “Fast Broadband” because fibre is not available at my location. The expected download speed of my service is adequate at 22 Mbps, but the upload speed a mere 1 Mbps meaning ...

FIRMWARE UPGRADE FOR WIFI HUB

HiI was wondering if there was an update available to the firmware on my router. The current version is showing as SG4K10002828t. I think I have seen that there is an update available but am not sure.I ask the question because I find I have to quite ...

Order number

Hi how do i find my order number for my gift voucher i cant find it anywhere

Broadband Upgrade

My TT contact has come to an end so I looked at the upgrades on offer on the TT website. Note: my old contract is no longer available.After much searching I found an upgrade offer of:Fibre 65 at £23.50 + TV at £2.00 = £25.50 for 18 months.I dont want...

Can TalkTalk sell me FTTP?

About six months ago open reach laid over ground fibre down my street. One of the poles on which is is strung is about 30 yards from my house. I have FTTC with a copper connection about half a mile to the cabinet. So my question is what are my option...

vital1 by Team Player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

transfer messup

hi Not sure which forum to use so I thought I would post here, my problem is this,I found a btter priced offer with another isp and have started the change,BUT the activation date I have now is the 9th of March,I have had a letter saying the talktalk...

I want to cancel my contract

HelloI have signed up to another broadband provider and would like to cancel my TalkTalk contract - it runs out on March 7 anyway.I want to do it in writing - not by phone - and I'm unable to find any email address to use.Is this message sufficient n...