cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Router Crashes/Resets When Connecting Laptop

Hello all, We are having a problem with our TalkTalk router. Whenever I try to connect my laptop, the router crashes/resets itself leaving the power light on red and all other lights extinguished. The laptop will work through the router when connecte...

SG4K10002816t WiFi Optimisation

Hi there, I'm having issues with my router switching channels automatically. I believe this is due to 'Wifi optimisation' - when its's on Channel 11 everything is great but it seems determined to switch me to channel 1 at which point I get issues! Co...

Internet keeps dropping

Hi, My internet has been dropping a lot over the last few days making working from home a real challenge. Please could I get some support to resolve whatever is causing it. Thanks

Kssquared by Conversation Starter
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Router restarting because of "Kernel Panic"

Hi My router has now restarted twice due to "Kernel Panic" Cutting me off whilst holding in meetings. I'm also concerned that the prior message alludes to a DoS attack should I be concerned? I have no device at 192.168.1.27 2022-01-29 15:10:09 [Error...

issues with service and pricing

I've recently moved in to care for my elderly mother and help her manage her bills etc and have noticed some issues with the broadband service we are getting, and also have some concerns about the billing. Firstly, regarding the service .. having mon...

Help with logs and broadband stability

Hi, I've recently tried to get onto fastpath from interleaved by turning router off for full 30 minutes and hoping broadband is stable, after doing so my broadband was stable for 12 days until I dropped internet, in that case the router was flashing ...

Wifi but internet drops out?

HiFor the past few months i've been having internet issues but only over wifi.Its quite random when it happens and I only knew about it as I leave an echo on for the dog and when I got home it was off.Over xmas and being at home I noticed it and foun...

dbeevers by Popular Poster
  • 23 replies
  • 0 like

Router needing to be reset daily/every other day

Hi, usually my internet connection is very stable and fast. I hardly ever have any complaints. Never have to do any kind of reset. However, for just over a week I'm finding my internet will cut out once every day or so. I have the Talk Talk router wi...

Having to reset VDSL modem to recover broadband connectivity

Hi, after testing with my TT HG633 router, Netgear DM200 and finally contacting TT over chat where no fault was found, I have now replaced my Netgear with a high quality Vigor 130 modem to try and resolve my broadband dropping intermittently. We have...

Iceage by Popular Poster
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband keeps dropping

Hi - our broadband drops several times a day for no apparent reason, each time for no more than a minute or two. Yet, the line appears healthy and no apparent issues. Any advice/help would be welcomed.

UK101 by Chatterbox
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Connection dropping out

Hi,I have a problem with my connection randomly dropping out.A reboot always fixes it, it doesn't come back for a few days, usually. it's happened twice today hence me coming here.My router was changed around 2020.It is a TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub, version ...

jetman by Team Player
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

Unstable broadband

Hello, I am hoping you can help me with an issue I've been experiencing for some time with my broadband service. On a regular basis (every 2 days or so) my internet connection drops and I get an orange light on my router. Usually, it will reconnect a...

intermittent broadboard connection

My broadband connection is intermittent. 2 consecutive nights it went down after midnight for about 15 minutes.another day, it went down during the day while I am working. Can you run a check and optimise/upgrade my router if needed? Many thanks in a...

router speed

i have a wifi hub black and the speed is not constant, what is the best router

Broadband dropping out

My broadband is constantly dropping out. 3 Openreach engineers have been in the past 3 weeks each "fixing" a different fault and it works for a few hours before dropping out again. Yesterday 1 was on the chat line for over an hour and finally the age...

AnnaF by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband dropping

My broadband is constantly dropping.When I try to open a page it mentions a dns error.Often have to switch router off and on again.Have spent over 2 hours on online chat trying to get issue fixed with no success.Really getting fed up, can anyone help...

ge1974 by Popular Poster
  • 20 replies
  • 0 like

Devices losing connection to router intermittently

Hi, We've been having an issue with our router (the hardware version is FAST5364 3.00). Every 7-10 days (sometimes sooner) some devices will stop getting traffic from the router. They appear to still be connected via wifi, but if we disconnect them t...

Jny5855 by Popular Poster
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Cisco AnyConnect

I'm having serious issues where my work's vpn, Cisco AnyConnect, continuously drops and reconnects. This only happens with Talk Talk, not when I'm using my phone as a hotspot or any other wifi network. From searching the forums this seems to be a kno...

ClaireD2 by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Router changing back to slow channels

I noticed my pc was acting really slowly, things were taking too long. I changed my router channel to 100 from 36 to achieve good speeds 50mbps on 5Ghz Next time I switch on my pc the router will have changed itself back to channel 36 (between 5 - 10...

lesdbos by Chatterbox
  • 11 replies
  • 0 like

What happens if you have G-Fast and bypass the OpenReach Modem?

I had fibre65 which was rock steady and fast (60 down 20up) - i then got invited to upgrade to Fibre150 - and despite a return visit from openreach I find the service is unreliable (cutting out frequently and box resetting) and has never given the sp...

timple by Team Player
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

WIFI HUB constant (No Valid IP configuration)

Hi TT My wifi hub keeps giving me a (no valid IP configuration) no default gateway IP every time I turn my PC on it happens I have to mains reset it each time for 30 minutes or more. Can you send me another router? I'm using the older router HG633 at...

tyro386 by Whizz Kid
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Erratic Broadband Speed

For about a month and a half now we have just experienced such poor performance with our broadband speed. We have tried everything from turning the router off for 30 minutes, disconnecting unused devices to turning off WiFi on the router and just plu...

Internet keeps dropping out

Please can some one help me it's driving me crazy! For the past few days mainly,the internet keeps dropping out .the router will be working with a solid blue light and then goes off is orange and then you see the blue light and comes back on. This ke...

Resolved! Huawei HG633 - WiFi dropping

Hi, The WiFi is constantly dropping out on the HG633 I have, the line to the house is all ok, but the router drops the WiFi signal at will.I have tried to use different channels, 5Ghz, moving the equipment but no matter what is done, within minutes, ...