cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

POOR WIFI

hi, I feel like my wifi has been pretty poor for a while now. It mainly seems to be the 2.4 ghz channel. If i try to play online with my PS4 its basically unusable, Ive had to resort to using a powerline adapter. The router is ten years old now could...

Split ot Not split the Wifi SSID by frequency 2.4 GHz and 5GHz

I have read a lot about various people's experiences here in organising their WiFi signal and I am none the wiser.As we all know the majority of smart home devices ( cameras, sockets, plugs, sensors, dimmers, bells, etc..) require 2.4GHz and will not...

krupion by Participant
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

No Wifi in CH2 3AR, Hoole, Chester

22nd December 2021 - 1.55pmUPDATE - RESOLVED.** Issue of fault between service area and my home resolved in under 12 hours with the help of this wonderful community and their engineers **Good evening all,I hope your well and safe during this time.At ...

Zonnks by Popular Poster
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

Automatic Wifi Optimisation is on Again, Why?

Hello. I did ask for this to be turned off a while back and everything was fine; I can switch channel manually as and when I need to do so. Now, my connection cuts off randomly and I find the Wifi channel changes on its own at the router. This is ver...

TariqS by Conversation Starter
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

Help please

My router is flashing red/ orange constantly. No connection to the Internet. I have an autistic son and this is stressing him out. Any ideas or help would be appreciated 

Devices losing connection to router intermittently

Hi, We've been having an issue with our router (the hardware version is FAST5364 3.00). Every 7-10 days (sometimes sooner) some devices will stop getting traffic from the router. They appear to still be connected via wifi, but if we disconnect them t...

Jny5855 by Popular Poster
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

poor wifi

hi, I feel like my wifi has been pretty poor for a while now. It mainly seems to be the 2.4 ghz channel. If i try to play online with my PS4 its basically unusable, Ive had to resort to using a powerline adapter. The router is ten years old now could...

damusk by Chatterbox
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Cisco AnyConnect

I'm having serious issues where my work's vpn, Cisco AnyConnect, continuously drops and reconnects. This only happens with Talk Talk, not when I'm using my phone as a hotspot or any other wifi network. From searching the forums this seems to be a kno...

ClaireD2 by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Internet so slow

Hello since a week my internet is very very slow . Netflix doesnt work , youtube doesnt work .etc .. on The phone I using just my own data wifi is too slow .can I know why ?

aniakamil by Popular Poster
  • 17 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! Can't connect to Wifi, Windows says router not secure.

Hello, Both my laptops suddenly can't connect to TalkTalk Wifi (possibly after a Windows 10 update?); the message is: "Unable to connect to this network". Nothing has changed: same credentials, security, automatic IP, etc. After many attempts (restar...

beppe6 by Team Player
  • 11 replies
  • 0 like

Manage router

Hey man how do I reset my router to factory default settings because I closed my 2.4 gHZ thing and my 5gHz thing and my wifi isn't working, it would be great if you could help me out. My whole WiFi is cut

Neshniva by Chatterbox
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

WiFI optimisation (again)

Can someone please switch this off again as I had to reset my router. Also can TalkTalk take notice that this is not helpful at all. The router defaults to Chan 36 which seems to be the default for every router, and sky Q boxes. Why can't it look for...

chrisg4kvi by Conversation Starter
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Internet keeps dropping out

Please can some one help me it's driving me crazy! For the past few days mainly,the internet keeps dropping out .the router will be working with a solid blue light and then goes off is orange and then you see the blue light and comes back on. This ke...

ETHERNET CONNECTION BUT NO WIFI

My set up - Ethernet Connection to Desktop. WIFi for other services Tablets, TV, Printer etc. Problem- I am able to connect my desktop to the internet via Ethernet(which I am using now). I have no WiFi connection and no availability showing on Tablet...

How to book an engineer/ find livechat

I need to book an openreach engineer as my broadband isn't working but I can't ring up atm due to phone issues, I know there's livechat but I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone assist?

2.4GHz WiFi stopped working

As of about 3 hours ago, the 2.4GHz portion of your FAST-5634 router has stopped working.All my 5GHz, and wired connections are fine.I've made no changes to the router in several weeks.WiFi is enabled and "Band 1 (2.4GHZ)" is enabled.I've power-cycle...

kdmcm by Whizz Kid
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! Huawei HG633 - WiFi dropping

Hi, The WiFi is constantly dropping out on the HG633 I have, the line to the house is all ok, but the router drops the WiFi signal at will.I have tried to use different channels, 5Ghz, moving the equipment but no matter what is done, within minutes, ...

Speed test via service centre asks for WiFi connection

This is not, at this moment, a complaint about speeds - I've just moved to Fibre 65, and speed is slightly improved over Faster Fibre - previous package.My complaint is that navigating through the Service Centre to its speed test, I am asked to name ...

jayesjay by Whizz Kid
  • 11 replies
  • 0 like

New customer and wifi hub won't connect!!

Two new wifi hubs sent to me and neither will connect to the internet, I am going mad and need to work from home!Help, I am a new customer and pretty unhappy with this service so far ...

Replacement Router rquest

My Wifi hub recently is having problems, I cannot connect any devices to it. I tried all the steps from the troubleshooter, nothing works. How do I request a replacement. Thanks

andr1s by Chatterbox
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

My router

Hi there,I hope you are well.Our internet connection is very slow. We can’t use the internet in the next room. When I want to do speed test in your website, a warning pops up that your router is not identified. But our router was sent by TalkTalk. So...

kapry_11 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like