cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

TURN OFF WIFI OPTIMISATION PLEASE

HiCan I get the WiFi optimisation on my router turned off please? All our neighbours are bunched around the bottom few channels and I'd like to move us further up the band to get away from them, but every time I do, the auto optimisation moves the ch...

New modem old PC wont connect to internet anymore

HelloForgive the intrusion, Talktalk recently sent me a new modem (I didnt request one), but checking the community I found this was part of a upgrade program them are doing, I didnt know what to do with it, and a few weeks later got a letter from Ta...

ATN123 by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Loss of Power to Openreach modem

Despite only having a new one in December the power seems to have died to our Openreach modem meaning we have completely lost our broadband service again. Is there a way to connect without the Openreach modem until it can be fixed again?

Garethw3 by Popular Poster
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Router Password

HiI am now unable to connect any new devices to my wifi due to my password being lost. Router is a HG 533 and I discovered my daughter had thrown away the removable tab and peeled off the label on the router itself. How do I find or reset password, a...

DianeB2 by Chatterbox
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Unable to obtain IP

I am having difficulties with devices connecting to LAN (both wireless and wired). It was working for a longer time (over a year since the routed was replaced due to fw problems) and on 09.02.2022 it stopped working properly (the DHCP server). I need...

dymusi by Popular Poster
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Guaranteed minimum 280Mbps, receiving 200

I've come back here as a last resort really.Since I upgraded from fibre 150 to fibre 250 on 1st February, the speeds have been nowhere near the guaranteed minimum. Monday, an engineer visited and 10 minutes before he arrived, the speed shot up to bet...

"Your Service is Changing Soon"- what does this letter mean?

I've received emails and a letter with the heading given above.I am not on fibre broadband It says " To make sure you get the best service possible we're working on upgrading you to Fibre broadband, providing faster W-Fi speeds at no extra cost. You ...

graham49 by Conversation Starter
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Router flashing amber

My WiFI hasn't worked for almost a week now and my router only flashes amber. This happened after TalkTalk sent me a faulty adapter which blew out my wall socket. (I know it was the adapter as I've had an electrician round who said my socket and elec...

New Customer

Will talk talk reduce the price of a deal if I don't want the landline part?

Wi Fi extender

Hi my current set up is TT Wi Fi extender and a TL extenderThe TT one is for my son's TV box but he now uses his X box and TV to stream films etc and has the X box wired to the extender.My room has the TL extender wired to the CCTV I would like an ex...

Pash02 by Enlightened One
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

No service

I finally had broadband fitted yesterday after moving house + waiting nearly 2 month. I am still unable to use wi-fi. What needs to be done. The engineers who fitted it, done just that fitted it and disappeared never hung about to see if it was worki...

Booski by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Disable Wifi Optimization

Hello, could you please disable wifi optimization as my selected channels on both bands are being automatically changed after I change manually.

Chilli22 by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

No service

I rang customer support on monday 31st jan 2022 and was told this would be fixed by 1pm. I later did a connection test and it was still down and recieved a text saying an engineer would come in 2-3 days. No engineer came and we still don't have an in...

SG4K10002816t WiFi Optimisation

Hi there, I'm having issues with my router switching channels automatically. I believe this is due to 'Wifi optimisation' - when its's on Channel 11 everything is great but it seems determined to switch me to channel 1 at which point I get issues! Co...

intermittent service

Hello, I moved to my new address from 01/21/2022, but unfortunately the internet service is very weak, and since I was unable to open some applications, please advise.

ebbein12 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Request to have WiFi Optimisation turned off

Hi We had an engineer visit yesterday and one of the things carried out was a factory reset of our hub. Since then, it looks like WiFi Optimisation is turned on again as the hub is not sticking to the channels I set. Can Support please turn WiFi Opti...

rcolmer by Chatterbox
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Slow Broadband and dropping connection

I have fibre 35 and I am only getting 22mb/s to router and a maximum of 16mb/s to devices. This is causing major buffering on Netflix/Disney+ and phone connection to wifi drops constantly and has been going on for months. I have tried 4 times going t...

Wullier by Popular Poster
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Fibre upgrade but no change

Hi, I hope someone can help. Our internet was upgraded to fibre a couple of weeks ago, which was no issue at all. The issue is that the actual service provided doesn’t seem to have improved.. the internet is lagging and freezing as much as it was wit...

Hwalker by Popular Poster
  • 10 replies
  • 1 like

Turn off WiFi optimisation please

HiCan I get the WiFi optimisation on my router turned off please? All our neighbours are bunched around the bottom few channels and I'd like to move us further up the band to get away from them, but every time I do, the auto optimisation moves the ch...

VPN connections still not working.

I recently raised https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/IKEv2-split-tunnel-authentication-issues/m-p/2851957, Debbie kindly issued us with a new router and asked for me to retest once the router had arrived. I have set this up however there h...

Laptop issue with high cpu from 'System Interrupts'

We have a Toshiba Satellite C850 which has a Wi-Fi communication issueWhen connected to our home Wi-Fi, the laptop freezes every 2 to 3 minutes due to ‘system interrupts’ using +50 % of CPU. This happens even if there is no internet activity (i.e. th...

Royston by Team Player
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Sky q

I have Sky Q and a TT Sagecom hub. The Q constantly drops connection to the router. On Sunday I had to reconnect 5 times. It is a daily issue for the last few weeks but ther ae no faults on TT and I get between 30 and 50 mbps on speedtests. Is there ...

RWSti1 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

I can't connect to VPN

Good evening TalkTalk, I can't at all connect to my company's VPN network at all from using my talktalk broadband, I am on Fibre 65 and yesterday it was working fine, today I have had to use my mobile phone hotspot to connect to my company's VPN, can...