cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Resolved! Constant drop outs with my broadband

Helllo, This is a re-occuring problem that's gotten so bad it's just a joke. I've have constant drop-outs in broadband connection that happen at leat twice a week for months now (Sometimes lasts for days when I can't get a stable connection and inter...

Peter_F by Conversation Starter
  • 83 replies
  • 0 like

Replacement Router rquest

My Wifi hub recently is having problems, I cannot connect any devices to it. I tried all the steps from the troubleshooter, nothing works. How do I request a replacement. Thanks

andr1s by Chatterbox
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

No Internet connection

So, yesterday (Sunday 28th) the Internet stopped functioning. We had this issue before some time ago (approx 3 months ago?) and we were sent a new router, which by the time that had arrived the service had been restored by itself. This time with the ...

MWise81 by Chatterbox
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! Increasing disconnection

Hi I seem to be encountering an increasing number of disconnections over the last 14 days along with a decreasing download now down to 16.8 Mbps as measured by Sam knows. I interacted with the automated diagnostics at the weekend which appeared to in...

Divsec by Community Star
  • 18 replies
  • 0 like

Ethernet connection but no WiFi

My set up - Ethernet Connection to Desktop. WIFi for other services Tablets, TV, Printer etc.Problem- I am able to connect my desktop to the internet via Ethernet(which I am using now). I have no WiFi connection and no availability showing on Tablet....

dave10 by Whizz Kid
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

Constant broadband drop out and only 150Kbps

I have had extremely slow (150Kbps), or no broadband, since the start of the pandemic. Openreach engineers have been to the property on numerous occasions and can find no faults and say the problem is not with their equipment but TalkTalk services! W...

Roby4532 by Team Player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

constant disconnects

my internet has been disconnecting every few minutes since about 5pm yesterday, i have truned off router for 30 minutes then turned back on, connected then started to disconnect again, just managed to get this message up, im wondering if its somethin...

spirit1 by Chat Champion
  • 27 replies
  • 0 like

DROP CONNECTION

Hi, yesterday and today around 6ish the connection dropped, today it has not come back despite rebooting the router and modem 1. tried to 0345 172 0088 which has the message temporally unavailable so why have it on your website? 2. the troubleshoot h...

edallen by Whizz Kid
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

My router

Hi there,I hope you are well.Our internet connection is very slow. We can’t use the internet in the next room. When I want to do speed test in your website, a warning pops up that your router is not identified. But our router was sent by TalkTalk. So...

kapry_11 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Bad Connections

Since yesterday evening suddenly any videos,shows etc barely a few seconds without spinning please help urgent thank you Jace!

jace777 by Chat Champion
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Router connection constantly dropping

Hello I’m having the same issue as in the ‘router constantly stopping’ post and have the router version mentioned by @Skynet_TX Be great to have the setting fix mentioned as it’s been messing up my work video calls. Thanks

Unresolved adsl broadband fault

Today, following me noticing our broadband dropping out intermittently and using the service desk fault finder, Talktalk identified an intermittent fault between the exchange and my house. They duly sent out an openreach engineer to fix it and at abo...

Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client

Hi I'm trying to use Cisco whilst working from home and cannot connect so having to tether to Mobile prone which is not ideal?

No internet connection

My internet connection connection keeps dropping- the light on the router stays green, but it’s not connected. All my devices are working fine, they can find my neighbours Wi-Fi but not mine! I’ve had an online chat where the tech talked me through t...

T3 Rob by Chatterbox
  • 15 replies
  • 0 like

Swapping out a router

TalkTalk are in the process of sending me a replacement router to try to fix poor performance and BB dropouts. I have multiple Alexa devices and lights connected via the Wi-Fi and a Hive hub for my heating connected via Ethernet into the TT hub. Can ...

John Talk by Popular Poster
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

open reach

you keep sending me text and email saying i need visit from open reach but my connection is good[ i did have a drop in speed 3 weeks ago but only lasted a week ] i dont want to get charged for this for a visit ,,do i still need a visit as you keep sa...

Resolved! how often (or when) does my ip address change?

Looking at previous posts, it appears my talktalk IP address is not static (with other ISP's it has been). And I have just noticed that an Ip address that I noted back in August is not the my current IP address.Does IP address change when router is r...

norricorp by Popular Poster
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

SLOW INTERNET - 5mbps instead of promised 35

These are the speeds (LAN cable) I am getting for the last 7 days. What should I do? I have restarted the router, tried to unplug and plug back the line, nothing changes and I am still on 5mbps. I am paying for 35mbps fibre. this is the second time i...

Screenshot (41).png Screenshot (42).png

Issues connecting with Talk talk hub on Linux Mint 20.2

Hello all,I am trying to connect my Linux PC to my talk talk hub.I have installed the compatible driver for it and it happily works with my phone hotspot so I would assume its something to do with the router. I am asking the Mint forums too and I hav...

PetersPK by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Punished

Hi all ,My current contract ends in December , signed in to account & there was a number of upgrades offered however foolishly phoned TalkTalk to see if I could negotiate an even better offer as I had been a loyal customer over the years but ended up...

Problem with router - slowing down and dropping

hi. I think something wrong is happening with my router huawei. Since the beginning its behaviour is suspicious. Every time I try to upload large files to Google drive - the internet slows down badly so it is almost impossible to send the files. Same...

Hhoon by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like