cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

A method I have discovered of mapping WIFI signal strength...

============================================ I emailed this message to TALKTALK back in January this year but have had no response, and so I thought I would post it here and see if I get any response from the TALKTALK tech department… ===============...

Channel Opitmisation

Is it possible to disable optimisation as my router keeps loosing connection on 2.4Mhz .I changed to channel 11 and it is stable with less congestion but the router keeps chanking it to channel 6 witch drops out thus loosing my Smart TV and printer t...

Turning off automatic channel optimisation

When I select a WiFi channel manually it reverts back to its previous channel after a few days.I have read that its called 'automatic channel optimisation' and I have no control over this feature. I like to use a app to determine which channels are t...

I need a replacement router

Hi,I'm in need of a new router, please. Our connection speed to the device is constantly low. I have had live chat twice to try to fix this but still its the same. Can anyone help me in getting this resolved as I'm now paying for a service that I'm n...

Darren35 by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

cancel

I have tried calling to cancel my subscription. I have spoken to 3 people, confirmed security 3 times just to then be placed on hold. Please can you just cancel the account opposed to making me jump through hoops to get me know where.

Internet does not work

Internet does not work even tho it says it’s connected and functioning on speed and stability test. This is week 2 Speed Internet is not working AGAIN

Adelel by Participant
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Slow broadband speed

After yet another test on my long standing problem with low broadband speed I contacted tech chat line who as always are very polite.William responded and went through a check. He suggested a new offer on a faster service. I explained that before a n...

G-Fast 150 broadband

I upgraded to G-Fast 150 broadband on July 16th 2023 - Openreach made all the necessary connections but found that the router was not broadcasting a signal. He spoke to TalkTalk who said they needed to activate the service. Well after four days witho...

Neilash by Team Player
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

Internet Dropping

Using Eero Mesh system Working fine for past 12 months but over the last few weeks the internet keeps dropping so the whole system goes down with no internet connection. Getting basically unusable internet now then as it constantly stops connectingPl...

Dondatta by Participant
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like

Avoiding the admission of poor service..

Hi all,so it has become apparent this week that IF you run a TalkTalk speed test and it is lower than the minimum acceptable level; the test will just ‘fail’ rather than give you the actual mps number.really poor, leaves a bad taste. Anyone else expe...

1C145DE2-96A7-4EF8-872C-F417DE4171FB.jpeg 85E7017D-AD1B-4169-92ED-690E66796B46.jpeg 3CE758E3-41CF-4BD6-9A24-0D1C2DB3E601.jpeg 0D28CD4F-8DE5-423D-835F-C089B11F6E3F.jpeg

Poor gaming connection for months. Online support is a joke

When it comes to gaming my Internet connection is terrible. Mainly during peak times and improves about 1am when most people like to be asleep. The tech support on the online chat is a waste of time. No matter how many times you tell them you've trie...

Dom1709 by Team Player
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Fibre 250 slower than guaranteed minimum speed

When I signed up for the Fiber 250 package nearly 2 years ago I was told "You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 234.2Mbps and 322.5Mbps with a minimum guaranteed speed of 209.2Mbps."Today when I check my account the guaranteed m...

Mykola87 by Chatterbox
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

Router Wifi channel wont stay on manually selected channel

Wifi channel wont stay on manually selected channel.My neighbours wifi is on the same channels and is frequently causing issues with my wifi. A quick scan of local wifi shows 4 - 6 other wifi signals on exactly the same channels; however, when I manu...

johnR10 by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Help Needed - Dropping connection almost daily

Hi there, Really need some proper help here as I have been let down by live chat 4 times now. First two times I called, I was told they were doing checks on my line and would be back in touch soon, I heard nothing back. 3rd time I was told FW was upd...

Latency fluctuations tonight

Hi folks, Tonight I'm noticing a few latency jumps on and off, and when doing a few trace routes it looks to be the second hop. The lookup for that is showing AS9105 TalkTalk Communications Limited, L11 Liverpool. This is after a router restart as we...

Traceroute.png
Jack91 by Conversation Starter
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Alienware Laptop Causing Internet Drop

Hi, I recently purchased an Alienware x17 R2 laptop and whenever I connect it to the network the internet drops for every device and I have to restart the router, does anybody have an advice?

Resolved! Router Keeps Channel hoping

I want my 5Ghz Chanel to be set to 40, when I change the router settings to channel 40, a couple of hours it resets itself to the default 44. As 9 other routers are on Channel 44, I want to be on 40 as I would be the only one. I’ve had two chat calls...

walle1j by Conversation Starter
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Wifi optimisation

HiCan the Wifi Optimisation be turned off on my line / router please? I'm trying to use a specific channel but it keeps on going back to default, and I can't see anything in the settings on my account or on the local router config pages. Thanks

Paul24 by First Timer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

FAST5464 Modem Only or Bridge Mode?

Hi, I did a search through old posts and couldn't find anyone with a 5464 router - hence this post! I'm a new customer with TalkTalk Business and have been given this hub: TalkTalk Business Wi-Fi Hub 2Hardware Version: FAST5464 2.00Software Version: ...

Remove Wi-Fi Optimisation on My Router

Hi - could someone from Talktalk please remove Wi-Fi Optimisation on my router? I need it to bind to channel 1, but it keeps defaulting back to channel 6 and there's too much congestion on that channel. Thanks

Slow connection after 6pm and weekends

Hi I have the 150 fibre and it works most of the day. however, on weekends and after 6pm, it starts to go quite badly, having speeds of 60mbps and a latency of around 200ms Is there a known fix for this? I think the network is overloaded at that time...

javidr by Chatterbox
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Download speed reducing over the years - Slow & Sluggish

Hi there,Not sure if I am in the right place but I am in need of some advice / assistance, I've been with talktalk for as long as I can remember, and up until recently have had no problems. I renewed my contract again for this year and was told my sp...

Spiug by Conversation Starter
  • 46 replies
  • 0 like