cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Wifi Optimisation

Please forgive me for opening a new mail on this subject but I need the help of TT community - support I have recently extended my Wifi network (using access point) and have manually set my 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz Wifi channels using the Router Web app/Advan...

stpmhe by Participant
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

chat not working

chat down , trying to send this problemmy 5g keeps stopping on all devices, that is not showing up but in the router it shows enabled , a power down restores it for a few daysdays then it stops

FIBRE65 now FIBRE40

After a recent loss of service, my F65 is now running at nearer 42Mbps not the 67Mbps as shown in the sales blurb.The WiFi is now no longer available in various rooms in the house. The weak signal is frequently dropping out in areas that it can reach...

MBP&O by Chatterbox
  • 19 replies
  • 0 like

Stopped my move without giving any reason

I am moving home and requested the broadband to move next week. It was confirmed so all good until I get a message whilst away abroad on holiday saying: Hello, we are sorry you did not want to continue with your recent TalkTalk order. We can confirm ...

Caftas by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband not working

Dear Whomever it may concern, I am writing as our internet is not working.We paid our bill on 23/2/24 and it says we haven't paid even though we have and our broadband is not on. Please could you help.Regards Charlotte Davies

Fixed today, not working again tonight!

The engineer did wonders today and got the fault sorted. Now all I get is every single programme and film buffering almost constantly! Come on TalkTalk get this sorted out please, your not shy or embarrassed to take your monthly money for a broken se...

Abysmal wifi for over 10 days

Broadband is abysmal, an engineer has been going to fix the problem for 5 days now! He must be lost! TalkTalk absolutely no help at all.

Internet down every Sunday at midnight

My Internet goes down every Sunday at midnight till about 1am for months now similar to what others have posted. I don't have safe search enabled as I understand but also get technical errors when trying to view these options in my account. I've done...

WiFi dropping out randomly

Good evening, Over the last week I've noticed the WiFi keeps disconnecting on our mobile phones, one of the televisions and our security camera.The router appears to be on and the white light is on at the front.Any ideas what could be happening and i...

PhilG by Conversation Starter
  • 21 replies
  • 1 like

Use router in default configuration

I'd like to use my Talktalk router in default configuration, disable wifi and set a new IP address so I can use a new router connected by ethernet. I have no idea what I'm doing, very non tech. So, apologies if the language or explanation is wrong. I...

Poor speed and disconnection

Last ditch effort to get some service from TT... I've had ongoing issues with speed on my broadband line, the last couple of weeks its been terrible. I have a 'guaranteed' speed of 58mbps. When the speed is slow I might get 1mbps, when the speed is g...

Please disable Wifi Optimisation

Hi, We have a Sagecom Fast 5364 router version SG4K100174. It has generally performed very well, however the WiFi drops out for a few seconds and this has become much more frequent. The symptoms are most WiFi connected devices simultaneously disconne...

Faulty Router

Evening. Over the last couple of months the WiFi speed from router to devices (apple, android and windows devices are all experiencing this issue) has been dropping speed or cutting out regularly. I contacted webchat and they updated the firmware. 1 ...

CEJG56 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

router login page not loading

Hi, The router login page address [http://192.168.1.1] is not loading. Currently I have the wifi switched off on my router, to turn it on I have to login to the router to make the change. At the moment it is only possible to access internet via a eth...

kumsis by First Timer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

WiFi Password

Just had a disaster with Router and had to reset, so trying to update wifi password to allow all my myriad of connections, however when I input the previous password in change password it highlights the change password select button to blue but doesn...

exraflad_0-1707917063430.png
exraflad by Popular Poster
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Slow wifi on fibre 35 with DG8041 router

My fibre 35 contract has recently been renewed. However I am now experiencing far more problems than in the past with slow speeds ( often below 10Mps) despite no changes in equipment or location of router. Rebooting the router helps for a couple of h...

timjp11 by First Timer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 like

Wifi Channel keeps reseting

Hi Talktalk,I've noticed that my router keeps resetting its channel every night, would you be able to turn off my Wi-Fi optimisation so that my router will stay on the channels I have selected, instead of the channels my neighbours are using. I under...

dgmarsh by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like