cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Resolved! No broadband/internet.

Three days ago a car destroyed the green cabinet in my road resulting in no broadband for potentially hundreds of houses on different networks. Talktalk's dashboard says everything is fine, as does downdetector. My line check says other wise.I learnt...

Svarthol by Popular Poster
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

No internet/broken router - green flashing light

Hi there, Yesterday evening our router (Huawei) accidentally got knocked over and since then we’ve had no internet. The green wireless light keeps flashing and the power light remains on - there’s no other lights on other than those two. Apparently t...

SB2022 by Chatterbox
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

CANCEL HOME MOVE

I have been trying to cancel my home move, because the address my home move is set for will no longer be my address. My service ends this Friday, and I was told I will have no cancellation fees. I expect this to be true. additionally, the customer se...

Internet dropping out

Internet keeps dropping out at various point of the day. Raised a fault. Says its working on it. But also says my Internet connection is good? So which is it? I've done ALL the troubleshooting and it's made absolutely no difference.

Netflix Seeing TalkTalk as a VPN

Hello, I just rebooted my router and Netflix won’t recognise my region now so it won’t show me the shows I usually have. I contacted Netflix and they said “There might be chance Netflix is recognizing your ISP as VPN/Proxy” after I told them that the...

compensation?

Hi talktalk, my internet was cut off for 2 weeks. i had to buy data sim cards (spent about £80) from amazon to keep the family busy. The talktalk staffs told me i will get the compensation after the enginners have fixed. iam still waiting for the com...

Very low speed and intermittent broadband

Hi,Re fault report number REP-12192195On 23/11 I found my router was flashing red, phone line working normally. I tried rebooting, no joy, tried my spare router psu and cable, removed master face plate and connected to test skt. Still no lock. Talkta...

fedman11 by Conversation Starter
  • 16 replies
  • 0 like

Slow output

Good evening,We have a Sagemcom 5364 router and have an issue with it, it is showing 17.2 download and 1.2 upload from within the router itself. (192.168.1.1)I have only max 3.9 output both on the Ethernet and the Wifi. I have tested this with the Wi...

TCAR5 by Popular Poster
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

Slowing internet cannot report due to tool

As usual after a few months of solid service I'm seeing slow downs again and below guaranteed minimum often. A router reboot will temporarily fix it but over the week will slow down. Nothing changed in the house. Had this several times in past and ea...

TimWN by Conversation Starter
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

BROADBAND DISCONNECTION

Trying to get a service that has been cut off is a joke, I have spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this issue, I got so desperate as to ask to talk to a manager and to be told "Managers are not taking call", what a joke, all my calls appear t...

WiFi hub is faulty but talktalk is not replacing it

My fttc talktalk WiFi hub is showing a solid amber light. Nothing works. For the past few days I have been using a borrowed router from a neighbour and everything works at it should.There is an ongoing ticket with talktalk (REP-12058504). But this ca...

Broadband connection dropping out

My broadband keeps dropping out at varying intervals, sometimes every 10 mins.It started two weeks ago but I reported on 24/10 I have tried a different router (I have a spare Talk Talk hub) and changed the micro filter. I have contacted support multi...

reynot by Participant
  • 22 replies
  • 0 like

No service for 11 days

Honestly what ever made me think talk talk was a good idea to join I must of been mad. I’ve had no service for a week now. I was promised a engineer on Friday who didn’t turn up. Now I’m being told I have to wait another 4 days! I have no internet or...

Engineer didn't turn up to the property

Hi there, the engineer was meant to turn up to my new property - according to TalkTalk technical department they did an external fix to the locality - however they were supposed to also come in to the property to fully wire me up. After many contradi...

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 16.15.44.png
LukePG85 by Popular Poster
  • 16 replies
  • 0 like

Land line

City Link have just dug up my Land Line whilst laying New fibre Cable. Open Reach need to repair Line asap

ernie66 by Conversation Starter
  • 52 replies
  • 0 like

Connection

Iv add no connection coming in to my home been waiting for an engineer for 4 days nowIv had no Internet for 3 week

Router

I’ve ordered Talktalk Broadband for my sons uni house. I’ve received confirmation texts and emails stating the engineer will be there on a Tuesday. I’ve found out today that the router hadn’t been delivered yet although I was assured it would arrive ...

hiqikoyu by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Fault Ongoing - Was told to reload chat but cant

Hello I was dealing with someone in technical regarding my internet dropping out. I had to leave the chat (which was so helpful) so intrusive tests could be done. I was told after 20 minutes to navigate to community.talktalk.co.uk/chatnow and i could...

Rargh2022 by Popular Poster
  • 17 replies
  • 0 like

Connection keeps dropping off

It’s getting exhausting now! Engineer has been out to fix the line, replaced one of the cables, all good for a month. Now we are back to being unable to connect to the router or it constantly disconnecting from devices. How do I order a new router? I...

quwexava by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband fault not fixed

I reported a fault with my internet on 16th September and it still hasn't been fixed. I think you have asked Openreach to visit but I haven't heard anything yet and I still don't have any internet

Online Fault

Hi I went offline on the 24th of last month, I had no phone or internet for 14 days. I was sent an email saying that the fault had been fixed, which it has, and I have a full service. I was told to wait for compensation to come through automatically,...

Mickywoo by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

No broadband; now no phone line

Broadband dropped AGAIN yesterday. Red flashing light on the router. In trying to follow instructions to use the test socket I think I've now damaged it because I can't get the faceplate back on properly and have no phone line as a result. The "live ...

scfenton by Conversation Starter
  • 14 replies
  • 0 like

Internet outage every Monday at 12:35am

I have a internet shortage every Monday ‘morning between 12:35-1:15am and talk talk wont resolve the issue as the broadband works every other time of the week And day or week. This causes my babies baby monitor to drop out and not reconnect without a...

Adelel by Participant
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Cancel my broadband service

I want to make a complaint about your service. I tried phoning the cancellations number to cancel my account and the man on the phone said he couldn't do anything for me. He left me on hold for around 10 minutes while he was away. This is a copy of t...