cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Issues with VPN

Hi i'm having the same issues as many others with connecting a work VPN like https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/VPN-issue/m-p/2923183#M844992I have changed laptops, restarted the router, removed everything else from the network, separated ...

JSCL24 by Team Player
  • 53 replies
  • 0 like

VPN Connection issue

Hello, I can't connect to my office VPN using my TalkTalk broadband connection. VPN connection works fine if I use my phone's hotspot connection so there are no issues with the VPN settings. I saw some users referring to router firmware update?Can yo...

VPN connection suddenly stopped working

Hi, I use VPN to connect to my work computer and it suddenly stopped on Monday 26th Sept. After doing a lot of investigating our IT guys say I need a Firmware update or a new router. Talktalk customer service were not able to supply either. Can you h...

Router - Firmware updates needed

I work for New Forest District Council. There is currently an issue where I am unable to connect to our security system (which allows me to work from home). Our IT department have identified that this is linked to the service provider TalkTalk who ar...

Can't connect to work Vpn

Hi, I have just recently had future fibre installed at my home with a new router and now I am unable to connect to my work Vpn when I never had a problem before, when I try to connect it comes up with the below message: "The VPN connection between yo...

Luke8 by Chatterbox
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

VPN or PROXY enabled - Netflix

Evening, Im trying to watch certain shows on netflix but it comes up with "VPN or PROXY enabled"I restart the firestick and now half the content has disappeared (half way through John wick).As soon as i connect via my mobile Internet its all fine, al...

Matscom by Popular Poster
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Windows VPN not working via hub

Just recieved a Talktalk hub 2 and cannot use a windows 10 VPN. Previous posts about this seem t show the Huawei hub fixes this. How can I sort this? Many thanks.

Duffa74 by Chatterbox
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

PPTP VPN BLOCKED

Hello,I need to work from home and connect to my work VPN network (PPTP). According with the company's IT department, Tall Talk router is known to block PPTP and they recommend to access my home router and "..set PPTP Pass-through to allow and IPSec ...

Unable to dial PPTP VPN using TalkTalk router connection

Hi all, I'm struggling to connect to any VPN connection using my recently switched TalkTalk connection.I presume this could well be the router firmware issue mentioned here.https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/VPN-not-connecting-using-PPTP/t...

Windows VPN

Hello, I am starting to work from home again but am having trouble connecting Windows VPN (OS is Windows 10). I was told by our technical department that TalkTalk would need to change/ update the firmware for my router. Other colleagues who also use ...

DBell6 by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

Router and Mode

I want to buy the ASUS RT-AX86U but I’m unsure what to do; I guess I also need to buy a modem to push the internet through first so the router will work. Does anybody know which modem I can use, or does anybody have any advice on what to do; this is ...

VPN NOT WORKING WITH FAST 5364 ROUTER

Hi. My router seems to block VPNs connecting to SQL databases owned by AWS, and I need to do that to be able to access the databases for my work. I've found some forum posts that had the exact same issue and seem to have the exact same router as me a...

elliotmv by Popular Poster
  • 16 replies
  • 0 like

VPN not working

VPN not working. Been told by external IT provider that it is due to PPTP not being support by TALK TALK after May 2022. Please help me so i can work from home

No connection to company Vpn

Hi I am currently trying to work from home but I can not connect to my company's VPN, My company's IT department have checked and they think the error is with my router. Can someone please help with this?

Lowt-76 by First Timer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 like

PPTP VPN blocked

Hello,I need to work from home and connect to my work VPN network (PPTP). According with the company's IT department, Tall Talk router is known to block PPTP and they recommend to access my home router and "..set PPTP Pass-through to allow and IPSec ...

Dexter76 by Popular Poster
  • 21 replies
  • 0 like

Can't create VPN to work from home

I set up a VPN to connect to my work network in order to work from home, I was able to get everything set up until I got to the stage to log in to the VPN and it couldn't connect to the work network, I can't ping the work network and receive a respon...

VPN

Moved House, VPN no longer working. How does this get fixed, as far as I can see I need TT to DL SW to my router, is there any other way?

NHS VPN not working was a few weeks ago

My wife has been using NHS VPN to work from home until a few weeks ago when we had some issues with our broadband and she also needed to work back in the office. She would now like to be working part time at home but the VPN connects, but as soon as ...

PDK43 by Popular Poster
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

Unable to access nordvpn.com - ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Hi, NordVPN.com is being blocked on my machine/network and gives 'ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR' on Chrome and Edge. I have checked my router and 'MyAccount' settings and I can't find any way to turn off this 'blocking'? - For the moment I am just intereste...

Gareth_W2 by Popular Poster
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

VPN Blocked

Hi Daughter has just returned home and can't access her work VPN. She could at her previous property and she could from here before she left home in August 2021. Her business IT department has advised that they always seem to have issues with Talk Ta...

MTB_Andy by Popular Poster
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

VPN is not working

Hi Currently having some issues with connecting my works VPN. I did notice I was having some trouble a few months ago but was in the process of the pc being replaced so didn't do much about it. New PC wont connect, its been to our IT who have checked...

VPN not working

After successfully using my VPN during covid it has now stopped working and I can no longer connect. Last time I used it was around May time. Has there been any changes to the router that would cause my broadband to block the connection? Our IT depar...

jenwoo10 by First Timer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 like

VPN issue

Hi, I am trying to use my VPN but it doesn’t work on TalkTalk. It works on other broadbands. Device version: FAST 5364-3 TBThank you

Pandast1 by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like